Wednesday, August 17, 2016

CATCH UP CARD DAY and PICTURES FROM THE ZOO

Welcome~Thank you for stopping by.
I have so much to say and so many little card creations to share.  Where do I begin?   I suppose first up should be the one I posted on my facebook page.   This card I used a mix of Stampin up stamps and Lawn Fawn.  I did the embossing first with clear powder and then after the image was heat set, I sponged around it, when I got the desired look I wiped off the flowers that were embossed and they stayed white.  It was the first time with this technique for me, and I really like how it turned out.  I made this card for my mom who had to have her toe amputated last Thursday, due to Kidney failure and diabetes.  Please pray for a speedy complete healing for her.  Thank you.  I also made for my mom this next little project which happens to be one of her favorite verses.  I was suppose to post it on Sunday for my SCS (Scripture Card Sunday)  but I had a full house, which was a beautiful blessing.  Our son and his girlfriend came home to help move our daughter and her boyfriend. It was a day filled with laughs, love, and memories.  So onto the project here it is the kleenex box card.
I think it turned out super.  I used stampin up stamps  and inks for the background I then put the verse right on top.
This little card holds the personal sized kleenex well.  However I get the cheap dollar store kleenex brand and they open up on the ends so I just added one tissue to the top to make it look like it pops up.
I see a few of these in the future when winter rolls around (ugh, not a fan of winter)  I can pass kleenex out in style.


Even with my husband on vacation this past week, I was able to make a few cards/projects.  We had a "stay-cation"  there is so much to do around our old house and being I can't help as much his honey do list was long.  I had my hands full just trying to keep dinner and supper on the table for the crew of kiddos, but it was wonderful.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the chocolate/caramel pie I made.  It actually turned out and was delicious. 
  This purple flower card just came together so easily, using the stamping up products through out the whole thing.  I really like the crisp clean lines.  
 My last card I used versa mark ink and didn't emboss with it.  I think it turned out amazing.  I'm just learning all the different inks and techniques.  I youtube things I don't understand and that helps me out. 
One of the things on my hubby's  "honey do list"  was to take me to the zoo.  I haven't been since  my surgery and injections went bad.  I felt like I was strong enough to try it, even taking my trekking poles it was difficult, but it was worth it.  I feel like it was a mile stone in my recovery as to say that: this is  my life now and I can manage it ok.  I have a few pictures to share with you.  I hope you will like them. The zoo was just the right size for me to get around.  I even got to feed the sheep.  ( I'm a kid at heart) 

 Hope you enjoyed your visit here and that you will stop back again real soon.  Please also like my facebook page at:  Pj's Projects it will help me get the word out about my blog.
I also want to mention, I received a new badge for my blog.  Please check it out.  My heart is so happy and so grateful for being picked. 

Thank you to all 

who support my efforts in stamping.


 What is you favorite card above?
What is your favorite zoo animal?  Please leave your answer in the comment section.
Thank you.

☺Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping☺


2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed your blog and cards! The card and Kleenex box you made for your Mom are adorable - great job!! I do hope she is feeling better and on the road to recovery. Sounds like you have had a busy time of it - it is nice to have a full house but I look forward to the quiet then! LOL! I'm so proud of you that you made it to the Zoo. If your weather is anything like ours you will enjoy it more in the fall! It has been unbearable here - and I like summer! Thanks for all you wonderful comments. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment ☺ The kleenex card holder is super easy. Thank you for the well wishes for mom. It's been an uphill battle but she's doing ok. Yes ma'am, quiet time is good. I feel like I can't keep up with our kiddos anymore. I think we might have similar weather, because it had been for warm here for awhile, however today very cool. I think you are correct Fall at the zoo will be awesome, I bet the animals will be more active. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~