Friday, June 16, 2017

CTS #226 & Challenge #85 Home Sweet Home


 Gosh it feels so good to be stamping again, we have had quite the week here, more storms rolling in this evening, but nevertheless I'm feeling very blessed and thankful that the flood waters didn't reach the house. (close)  The pictures are right out front of our home.  We live up on an embankment of sorts, because of how the train overpass was put in.. so the ground was cut out to make room for the 4 lanes of traffic that fly through here.  Needless to say there was a wash out and big mess, lots of trees down, and we were without power for 3 days and water.  But the city did run a hose from a neighbor's house and we were able to get water on day 2, just not for drinking.  Feeling thankful we are all safe.   Makes a person put things in perspective quite quickly.

Well enough on that.  Let's talk about the card.  I'm submitting to two challenges. 
 
  
I used water color pencils to create the striped background and also add color to the butterfly too.  I die cut the word happy out of sparkle paper, and stamped the birthday with an image I had bought from the dollar tree store.  I added some clear wink of stella to the wings of this delightful butterfly for added glitter, and added a few little pearls to give it some character.  I actually made another card for both challenges.. just not sure if I can submit two.  

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so glad to see you are ok, the storms have been awful. And glad you still have time for crafting - super pretty. I love the stripes on the background and the butterfly :) Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges ! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~