Friday, September 15, 2017

CTS #239 & #tgifc125~ Trains



I made this card for my son.  On Sept. 19th he will be 24 years old.  My gosh I can't believe that.    He has loved trains since he was a young boy.  He use to love to watch Thomas the train.  We lived right next to the tracks when he was small, and I do mean right next maybe about 15 feet away from the house.  Now we live next to a train yard, so he's always had trains in his life.   Now my 24 year old rides BMX while working full time.  I'll include one of my all time favorite pictures of him.  It was just taken this past August.  After a long spring/summer not being able to ride, because of a smashed hand, he got the pins out of his hand and got out of his cast. So this picture was the perfect reminder of God's faithful promise to him to bike again. Just  spectacular! Proud Mama.  
Now onto my card.  I combined two challenges:



I used the train from my Jim Holtz  Here and There stamp set. I thought it tied in perfectly with the challenges today.  I took a few different pictures of the card so you could see some of the details, like the embossed background and twine.  The sentiment is a lovely die from Lawn Fawn.  I layered it with black underneath so it looked like a shadow peaking through.
Next up is my little rascal squirrel, at least today he is not eating my sunflowers. 
Lastly my sweet daughter picked up this treat for me today, and she searched for one with the "sweet" sentiment on it.  How cute is that? "Life is tough, but so are you"  Makes my heart happy that she thinks I'm tough 💗
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
I invite you to look around since you're here.  Perhaps you will be inspired and encouraged to sign up and follow me.  I know clicking on that blue "follow" button on the left handside can be intimidating but gosh it makes this gal happy.  Guess what else would be awesome..if you would pop on over to my sister's blog. From Soils to Oils this is her first post in a LONG time, she kind of gave up on it, so perhaps we can encourage her to keep on going with a little blog love. 
Thank you
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping



Keep Calm and Make Cards - Taylored Expressions #cardmaking #TE #sharejoy #crafthumor #craftquotes
             

5 comments:

  1. I am playing along with the CTS sketch too and thought I would come over to see your entry! What a beautiful card and great story about your son! I know he will love this! My grandfather was a train engineer!!! Your daughter is super sweet! yum!!! I love the keep calm graphic! So cool! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous and perfect for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card for our transport themed challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at TGIF this week!💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a great card. I love the "no crossing" added touch it's perfect for the train. Thanks for stampin' with us at TGIF this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~