Monday, September 25, 2017

SSC162 HIP TO BE SQUARE~Lovely as a Tree & Acorny Thank you

Good Monday Morning.  I made a bit of a whimsical  fall card for the challenge at: Sunday Stamps
I say that because the size of the acorns verses the tree.  haha.. well I thought it was cute.  The acorns are so playful, and I get a kick out of this stamp sets name "Acorny Thank you"   I also used Lovely as a tree, both stamp sets are from stamping up.  I think the background paper worked lovely with this fall festive card.  Added a bit of twine to "tie" it all together.

I also added a picture of HP.. he loves to tree squirrels.  This time I thought for sure he was going to climb that tree.😉  We have a huge black walnut tree in the yard, so fall is a very fun time for him.   The squirrels start "harvesting" the nuts and HP is just waiting for the black walnuts to fall.   We love our black walnut tree but it's a HUGE mess.  A bit of history as much as I know any ways.  They are the last to get their leaves and first to lose them.  The wood is worth a lot of money..(we're not chopping it down though)  and is very beautiful.  The nuts are good to eat I've heard, but they stain everything and have an awful smell that is hard to wash off your hands.  They look like little green apples, but now harvest time they get black.  They are messy, you have to be careful walking underneath because the nuts on the ground will twist your ankle, and they are always dropping.  I imagine like an apple tree.  Also not sure if they are good for dogs.. at least not HP, he gets sick, so we try to keep him from eating them, but he wants to.  Any ways it's spans the width of our yard.  Is a super lovely shade tree, when the kids were small we had rope swings hanging from the branches.  The kids loved it.  We all still appreciate this beauty.   I will share a picture of it I took this morning, because the picture of HP you only see the ends of it's long branches.  I also will include a winter picture that we have framed because it was beautiful.. and ya all know I love summer much much more, but still this picture was lovely.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you know how much it means to me that you're here.  Please click the blue button in the left hand column to follow my blog.  I've also included a "find me" on the top bar so we can connect on social media too. 
Thank you
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping


3 comments:

  1. Patty, this is so Fallish! I love the Lovely as a Tree set. It is one of my all time favorites! The acorn goes perfectly with your gorgeous tree. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this challenge - love the acorn!! It looks like HP is having a great time. They all love chasing the poor squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love the pairing of the acorns and the tree. Definitely brings the feel of fall to your card. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~