Monday, November 13, 2017

PP370 ~White on White Wondrous Wreath, Carols of Christmas & Merry Tags



 Happy Monday to you.  Sometime I remind myself of Bob, on the movie What about Bob?  I get up go to my desk like him. I feel like it's my job to blog, or stamp cards, I say good morning to HP, instead of Gill the fish, and more less punch the time clock card, and begin stamping.   So up first today is this card for the challenge at: The Paper Players
When I first saw this challenge I didn't think there was any way I could pull it off.  But I started thinking of a few options and came up with this lovely card, using a few different products.  I first embossed the background so it looked like a gentle snow falling.  Then I started working on the ornament which is from stampin up:  Merry Tag dies.  I found a few scraps of white sparkle paper in my stash which worked lovely, but being that they didn't match.  I decided to tie a white ribbon on it so it would not be as noticeable.  I had to fold the ribbon in half with sticky tape so it would be a bit smaller for the ornament.  I did the same for the hanging ribbon too.  I cut and layered the ornament 3x.   I then cut out the trees from Stampin up Carols of Christmas. I pop dotted them up. to give them some height.  Next the lovely sentiment.   This was a bit of a challenge for me.  It's from the Wondrous Wreath stampin up set.  To which the bow die is STILL missing. UGH!!  any ways I cut the sentiment 4 times because it didn't want to cut nicely and behave itself, but in the end it was a blessing because I glued them all together, (and my fingers a few times) and it gave it a really nice added dimension.  Love it. 
I also just love  the word Noel.  I've thought many times about adding a second middle name to our kids already elaborate names, and for my daughter I've always thought Noel would be nice since she was born at Christmas time.   
Thank you so much for stopping by.  
Remember:  I'd love to have you follow my blog or fb page.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.  

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - you did such a great job with it! I never saw that movie! You are too funny! Yes, Noel is such a pretty name,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the layered noel and the cute ornament. Perfect scene you created with these lovely dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ this is beautiful! You've combine the perfect amount of texture, layers and sparkle--the key to a white on white card. So glad you persevered at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those dies...what a festive card for the holidays!Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players...so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, PJ. What a gorgeous card with so much wonderful texture and layers. Absolutely worth it! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~