Saturday, November 4, 2017

#tttc022 & Sketch #236~ Happy Engagement

 Goodness Gracious I don't think I made a card for my daughter's engagement.  UGH!!!!  June 4th.  So today I got busy with this and I combined two challenges for inspiration.  

 I chose the bottom row straight across.  Stripes, Black, Heat embossing. Combined with the sketch at  Atlantic Hearts Challenge

I began  by making my black strips of card stock 3/4 inch wide on white.. but it was such a deep contrast so I switched it to red, which works lovely for the hearts.  However it looked a bit plain still, so I dry embossed with a heart folder and I think it just really made it pop.   I also heat embossed the hearts, and ya all know I'm not very good with this technique, but I thought the heart was a nice solid image to try this again. I then used the most lovely bow stamp ever from stampin up Holly Berry Happiness.  I love that little bow, in fact I punched it out three times.  One in each color to give it some dimension.   I then added the sentiment on top of gold to go with the gold embossed heart.  I think it just carried it nicely to the other side of the card.  And Folks..I even stamped the inside of this one.  Whoohoo.  
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.  Make sure to look around since you're here.  Perhaps even click the blue button
 in the left column and follow my blog.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping


9 comments:

  1. What a stunning engagement card, PJ. I love all the texture and embossing...so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know te saying - better late than never! Beautiful card. Im sure your daughter will love it! The sentiment inside is especially lovely. They are hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty! Love the embossed hearts in the background and the glittering die cut hearts, too! Thanks of replaying along at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very pretty and love how you dry embossed the hearts over the whole background...your card is full of hearts...love it. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed hearts and the subtle hearts in the background the add to the overall heart theme. Great to see you playing along again at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cute cards and I love what you did with the embossing folder! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week -hope to see you again soon ~Kathy K (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that hearts, I love the design on them, super cute. Great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous engagement card, Patty! I adore your plaid hearts on the cover and the sweet sentiment inside. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~