Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Tuesday Morning Sketches #429~Christmas in the Making

 I can't believe it is here. My most highly anticipated stamp set arrived last night.   Stampin up's Christmas in the Making.  As soon as I saw the holiday catalog this is the one I wanted to order immediately.  Well you know how it goes, the wish list grows and the budget shrinks.. so I had to wait for the green light from hubby, and gosh I just love this darling little 5 piece set.   I think it is because  I really have a deep appreciation for nostalgic things,  just makes a person happy, hence my black and white movie station.   It seems like times were sweeter, perhaps not easier, as my Grandma (94) would say.   Any ways,  that why I love card making too, it's a lost art, of course not among us.. we all love to make cards, but there's a big world out there and nobody makes homemade things nearly as much as they use too.    
Well that was a long winded opening to share how much I enjoy a stamp set.   So I'll just keep it quick here.   A little bit of stamping coloring, and cutting out, is what it took to make this cute card.  I added a few little embellishments in the upper right hand corner to make it sparkle.  A few pop dots behind the young lady, and some ruffles on the horizontal strip.  I shared both pictures, one with a flash and one with lights on it so you could see the glimmer paper. I'm so happy to be able to submit this card to the challenge at: Tuesday Morning Sketches 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
One more exciting note.  I sold 3 cards on my Etsy shop.  Gosh that is super swell, I'm so happy about it.   Thank you💗
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

5 comments:

  1. This card brings back memories - I'm with you. I love all the old, nostaglic things! Love the glimmer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!! That's a great stamp set... another for my wishlist! LOL
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PJ I love your image, color choices and glimmer!! Thanks for the extra view in different lighting :) Thanks also so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet Christmas card. Love the retro image. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~